Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Encyclopedia Side Table


If you kept up with me via social media while I was off the blog grid then you saw me post this fabo table not too long ago. This was one of those projects that I had all the pieces laying around for ages and I just never did anything. But then I did and I instantly didn't want to sell it. 


Reed and I finished this piece off back in about February but I just never found a spot I wanted to photograph it. Then I did, right in my own living room and I fell even more in love. But alas, I do not need another table, despite how cool this one is so it's up for grabs. 



This awesome side table features some 1950's  world encyclopedias, mid century modern table legs, vintage beveled glass, and hardware. 

That list is sure full of history. Each material has so many story lines etched on its surface and I am IN LOVE with it. I wanted the table to feel like it was made from history and I think that was achieved nicely by the simple design. 



The best part of the table is the negative space between the binding on the books and the glass top. 

Such beautiful lines that allow each material to stand on its own. 


 I hope the home that this little table finds loves it as much as I do.

All this history needs a place to be the center of attention, and those lines need some loving too :)

I am hoping to pump out a new furniture design every month for the remainder of the year. Join me on Instagram to keep up to date on the progress and I will be sharing the final products here!!

 photo gracie-sig_zps2d86285f.jpg

2 comments:

  1. i love this! do you have a tutorial? i'm not sure i could part w/ it if it was sitting in my living room. lol. thanks for sharing! great job- maryjo
    https://maryjomaterazo.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and a great use for obsolete encyclopedias! I'm going to have to share this with my parents. They still have the encyclopedias that I used as a kid, and my dad is pretty crafty, so maybe this could be a fun project for them.

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...