Thursday, February 19, 2015

DIY Galvanized Hanging Bedside Table - Master Bedroom Revamp Vol. 2



Back at the beginning of January I shared Volume 1 of our Master Bedroom Revamp where I shared a makeover of our old dresser. Just that one project made our room feel SO much better! We had a lot going on with life lately so I just got around to playing around with our room again. This time I was able to super simply make a DIY Galvanized Hanging Bedside Table! 


I was in desperate need of a new bedside table. What I had was taking up too much space and making my side of the room feel extremely crowded. With our new built ins (that I will be sharing soon promise!) I wasn't able to reach a couple of things and really just felt cluttered. I don't need much on my bedside, just a light and enough space for a glass of water and Chapstick. So to open up the space I decided I needed to get everything off the floor to give the illusion of more space.


If you've been around this blog long you know how much I love tin and all things galvanized so of course I went on a hunt for anything with that look that could be easily hung. I found this fabulous faux tin tray from Walmart for $8 and figured if it didn't work as a side table I could just use it for the cute tray it was designed for :) Luckily I have a handy husband who understands my brain and he easily removed the handles and helped me hang the tray with some extra twine I had around the house. 


Knowing I needed a light I decided to just go with a pendant hanging from the center of the table. Annnnnd because I do so many projects around here I happened to have one hanging around that wasn't being used :) Then I had a fabulous little table taking up very little room and only cost me $8! 


I love the way this table turned out and think it totally adds a fun bit of style to the bedroom with out taking up much space. I'm just so happy with all the galvanized goodies that everyone has now, I've always loved tin and now it is finally available in so many cute pieces for every room!! Do y'all love the galvanized trend as much as I do? 
 photo gracie-sig_zps2d86285f.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I really love it so much :)

      Delete
  2. Omg I love this! My room barely has space on the sides of the bed because of how the room is set up..but something link this would be perfect so that we could both have a side table! my brain is spinning right now with ideas! Thanks so much for sharing this! I am so excited right now! pinned and shared!
    Jess @ liverandomlysimple.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic idea! It would be perfect for my son's room. He desperately needs a little table, but floor space is minimal... he's a teenager who needs to brush up on his tidying skills. ;-) Thanks for sharing at my Creative Ways Link Party last week! Hope you'll be back again this week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Love the galvanized look! Would be thrilled if you shared it at our link party on my blog please :) Hope you have a great weekend!
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly what I am wanting to do! Great idea. Did you have to find a stud in the ceiling to hang?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...